Hilkka Becker, Senior Solicitor at the Immigrant Council of Ireland examines the issues pertaining to family reunification in the latest edition of the Parchment Parchment...
(Click on folder heading to open)
Family Reunification Project Ezine
The Family Reunification Project ezine is published on a quarterly basis, and provides updates and news about the Project.
This section contains information about international case law relevant to family reunification.
This section contains submissions by project partners to the European Commission’s Green Paper on Family Reunion. These submissions were made in March 2012.
This section contains agendas and other materials pertaining to meetings of the partner organisations in the Family Reunification Project.
First Meeting of the Family Reunification Project – London, United Kingdom, 17th and 18th October 2011
Second Meeting of the Family Reunification Project – Nijmegen, The Netherlands, 19th and 20th January 2012
Third meeting of the Family Reunification Project- International Centre for Migration Policy Development,Vienna,Austria, 10th and 11th May 2012.
The European Website on Integration has published a special feature on Family Reunification.
This is an annotated list of some 20 research studies which builds on a literature review conducted by the International Centre for Migration Policy Development for another project.
This section contains links to publications and websites that are of relevance to family reunification issues within the EU.
Official European Union Websites and Documents
- European Commission Home Affairs – information on how the right to family reunification is recognised within the EU.
- European Union Council Directive 2003/86/EC on the right to family reunification.
- Report from the European Commission to the European Parliament and Council on the application of Directive 2003/86/EC on the right to family reunification.
- European Commission Green Paper on the right to family reunification of third-country nationals living in the European Union.
Organisations Working on Family Reunification Research and Relevant Issues
- European Council on Refugees and Exiles.
- European Network Against Racism.
- European Network of Migrant Women (ENoMW).
- European Policy Centre.
- European Women’s Lobby.
- Migration Policy Group.
- MIPEX (Migrant Integration Policy Index).
- Platform for International Cooperation on Undocumented Migrants.
- PROMINSTAT – provides reliable, systematic and harmonised statistical data on migration, integration and discrimination in Europe.
This toolkit was produced by the European Network of Migrant Women (ENoMW) and the European Women’s Lobby (EWL). It aims to help organisations advocate for gender-sensitive EU policies on family reunificaiton that uphold the rights – and meet the needs – of migrant women.
Introduction to a volume on ‘Gender, Generations and the Family’, co-edited by Albert Kraler, International Centre for Migration Policy Development and available from Amsterdam University Press.
The Migrants’ Rights Network has developed a briefing paper which gives an overall analysis of the new rules on Family Migration.